Looking For The Best Christmas Markets This Year? Clooper’s Got You Covered!
Christmas is fast approaching, and it’s hard to know exactly which of the many Christmas Markets to visit!
At Clooper, we’ve picked out just three of Londons top Christmas Markets to recommend to you today. Even if you don’t celebrate Christmas as a holiday, you’re sure to find a kitschy bargain and something to warm your mitts on at one of these family-friendly, warmly lit festive marketplaces.
Oh, the weather outside is frightful … but Winter Wonderland is so delightful! We’re sure you’ve heard of this fan favourite. Queries of ‘are you going to Winter Wonderland this year?’ are often thrown about friendship groups and families. Couples, in particular, are also fond of this dreamy faux snowscape for its romantic, festive atmosphere.
Winter Wonderland has multiple points of appeal. The rides, for one, and the fabulous hot chocolates for another. You can also find these exciting activities at this esteemed Christmas Market:
- Zippos Christmas Market
- Santa Land, with a chance to meet Santa at his Grotto!
- A Magical Ice Kingdom zone, complete with an Ice Sculping Workshop
- A whole area designated to street food
- Bars and restauraunts complete with outdoor seating and live music
- A 70m high Giant Wheel Ride
- Traditional Funfair rides like the Helter Skelter
- 100 wooden vendor stands
- The UKs largest outdoor ice rink
This year, Winter Wonderland is open now until the 3rd January in Hyde Park.
SELFRIDGES CHRISTMAS MARKET
In Edward Mews, behind Selfridges, London, a fairytale land awaits. Selfridges Christmas Market! Many who attend here praise its festive, fun atmosphere. Delightful Christmassy lights line the market and light up the dark winter sky. Selfridges doesn’t have as many rides or entertainment as Winter Wonderland. However, the Christmas Market is extensive, and you can find anything from gifts to an entire Christmas tree!
These other goodies await you at one of Londons most esteemed markets this year:
- Some outstanding street food. The Market site even claims its some of the best street food in the city!
- Another impressive Helter Skelter ride
- Performances and visits from Santa and Co
- A whole forest of Christmas Trees to choose from
- Various vendors and stands, including a Your London Florist and Selfridges own stall peddlings their very own mulled wine!
- Food & drink vendors, with a wide variety of selection: cookies, waffles, hot chocolate, burgers and chips, and Christmas themed tipples
This festive market is open now until December 23rd in Edward Mews.
LEICESTER SQUARE CHRISTMAS MARKET
Leicester square is a very popular tourist location. It makes sense that one of the best Christmas Markets in the City would be here!
This market is another that’s thriving with activity. There is so much to do, from circus shows to comedy clubs to bratwurst and mulled wine and Christmas pudding, oh my! There will of course be stalls to peruse, additionally, there are various other ways to entertain yourselves in the Square this December:
- La Clique is a Christmassy circus that combines comedy, Christmas, and cabaret
- Various pantomimes are staged through the month, such as Sleeping Beauty
- Kid-friendly events, like Baby Loves Disco and The Bubble Show
- Performences of “Austentatious: An Improvised Jane Austen Novel”
This market is open now and some events, like La Clique, last all the way up to January 8th.